If you are like most people, you have lots of insurance on yourself – health insurance, life insurance, car insurance, homeowner’s insurance, etc. And, if you are like a lot of businesses, you, unfortunately, have very little in the way of technology insurance. Business interruption and data loss are two of the very worst things that can happen to an organization, so why is it that so little thought is put into protecting against these awful possibilities?
A great deal of time and money goes into the design, deployment, and support of your IT environment. But if backup and disaster recovery hasn’t been at the forefront of your planning, you may find yourself wishing you had directed more attention to scenarios you previously thought “would never happen to me.”
You may be thinking, “We have a backup system, so we’re good.” You may be right, but …
- When was the last time your IT staff performed a file restore?
- When was the last time a full system restore was performed?
- Are you backing up only data files or full system applications as well?
- Is your backup system self-contained on your premises or does it feature some type of off-site service?
- What is the failure-to-recovery-time for your organization, and is that recovery time fast enough to avoid lost business?
- If you lost power to your facility, how long could you operate?
- If your phone system, telephone service or Internet connection failed, what’s your backup plan?
- If inclement weather rendered your office unusable, how would your operations continue?
These are just a few of the questions that are posed and addressed in a well-designed Business Continuity and Disaster Planning strategy. Infinity Network Solutions are experts at aiding in the development and deployment of a sound strategy to protect against and recover from business interruption and data loss.